Monday, October 11, 2010

Attention ... Ladies!

‘Was skipping from blog to blog just now and came across a notice of interest to myself and I assume you all. So I’m playing the faithful servant and reporting to you lot what I found. You’re welcome!

It’s an invitation to all African women blessed with the art of poetry to sending poems about but not limited to the following issues; work life, Freedom, motherhood, wifehood, war, children, Africa’s wealth or lack, HIV/AIDS, happiness, grief, marriage, love, loss e.t.c.

The invite states that unpublished poems are preferable and that poems could be in a native language. For such poems (done in an African language), something is said about translation, but I fear you’d have to read that for yourselves. The deadline for submission BTW is December 31, 2010 so I guess that’s plenty of time to scribble and ball up stuff till you finally strike gold.

The best part of it all is that each person can send in as many as 3 entries! I think that’s mighty generous ‘cos it means I get not one, but three shots at wining. Did I forget to mention? Yes, I already sent in my first entry, so 2 more to go for me. Wish me luck as I wish you same!

Check here for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment