Thursday, April 17, 2014

OH GEJ!!! (2)

I gladly eat my words this morning. What?! Yes! I’m happy to announce that some of the girls that were kidnapped on Monday by the Boko Haram (BH) sect have been rescued. Read news here. There was a search and rescue operation after all and it has yielded some favourable results. Let this be a lesson to the faithless; God does answer prayers.

I can’t express enough how relieved I am for the “over 80 girls” that were safely recovered from the terrorists nor can I imagine the bravery of the 16 who escaped the clutches of their abductors. I pray that God will always give us the grace and wits we need when life presents us with unpleasant situations. My prayers remain with the girls who are still being held. My hope is that they too will be safely recovered and that they can put this horrible incident securely behind them.   I urge the good men (and women..?) who rescued the “80 or so” to intensify efforts to recover the remaining girls because I can’t imagine the rage and frustration that would be vented on these poor girls by the kidnappers.

Every morning on my way to work, I tune in to Classic FM 97.3 to listen in on their Front Page News & Analysis by Sly, Bukola and the delightful Jimi Disu. It’s a great program and most times, the analyses are spot on. But today JD decided to play the Devil’s Advocate and see things from the perspective of GEJ on his attendance of the Kano rally in the face of the terror that BH had just unleashed. So he said… maybe GEJ went to the rally because the acts of terrorism were perceived to be BH’s way of trying to clog the wheel of the Government …maybe GEJ did not want to accede to the expectations of the sect by halting all Government activities.

As a little boy I know would say “No! No!! No!!!” I beg to disagree with Mr. Disu and ask…

 “How do dancing and clapping at a rally organized to welcome Ibrahim Shekarau (a man who can’t seem to make up his mind on where to pitch his tent) back to the PDP move the country forward?! How do Mr Shekarau’s political proclivities translate to the governing of our nation?! No one says the rally had to be cancelled but did GEJ have to be there in person?! Forget the rally; does this explanation also cover his attendance of the 100th birthday of the Olubadan?”

 Oh GEJ!!! *smh

No comments:

Post a Comment