Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Today's Prayer

Today I say a prayer;
Lord please rid my heart of its layers,
so that when you reach out,
you can find its core
caressing gently, & healing its sores.

Today, I say a prayer;
Lord, grant me my one desire;
grace to follow you,
to love you more each day.
Teach me humility
but most importantly, to your word loyalty.
so even in doubt, I’d still obey.
‘Learning to trust, come what may.

Lord I need you to know my heart
& all that’s hidden within its parts
that you’d bring soothing relief where it hurts
so I might come boldly into your courts.
Hold my hand & walk with me
calm my troubled soul & help me be still.
Help me realize that your spirit fills
& to open myself to its refreshing pills
that heal all my hearts ills.

- A Poem by Nora & Honey Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment